Things to Do
These "Things to Do" are contributed by both locals and visitors.
There's no intention of promoting anything, except something fun to do that you maybe hadn't thought of.
Everyone is encouraged to submit more!
- Get some duck food at Gill and Gift, and wander down to the beach. Watch the ferry and feed the ducks.
- Launch your boat at Balfour wharf.
- Go for lunch and shopping at the Balfour Ferry Landing.
- Play nine or eighteen at the golf course.
- Hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.
- Try to conquer the Eagleview putting course.
- Take a bike ride over to Procter via the cable ferry.
- Go Kayaking or boating.
- Rent a boat.
- Take a fishing or sailing charter.
- Drive up to Ainsworth – check out the historic cemetery and Fletcher's Store Museum, and then go soak in the hot springs.
- Go cross-country skiing at the golf course.
- Go back-country and heli-skiing.
- Drive and then hike to Kokanee Glacier.
- Take a helicopter ride over Kokanee Glacier!
- Wander through Cody Caves.
- Go bird watching.
- Visit Kaslo and the beautifully restored Moyie paddlewheeler.
- Drive the Sandon Circle tour and Idaho Peak Lookout - A must! (August is best for viewing wildflowers.)
- Tour the off-road biking trails at Kokanee Glacier Road. (The Regional Forestry office at 3 Mile will provide maps of all local marine parks and trails.)
- Go for the longest free ferry ride in the world.
- Go see the creative East Shore artisans (weaver, broom maker, glass blower, blacksmith) in Crawford Bay, and go farther down the lake to see the Glass House.
- Wander through the Creston Wildlife Wetlands Bird Sanctuary.
- Use the Balfour soccer field for playing softball, throwing a frisbee, and kicking a soccer ball, or book it for family parties or team tournaments.
- Play tennis.
- Go for a walk around the golf course and gravel pit trails.
- Drive to Castlegar and see the demonstration Doukhobour farm, museum, and fantastic gift shop.
- Just sit and watch the waves on the lake.
- Water skiing, swimming at Queen’s Bay